- Plymouth Pantry Almond Bark Vanilla Baking Bar, 24 oz
- 1 Cup of Holiday Colored M&M's
- 6 Cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
- Parchment Paper (Not wax, parchment works great)
- Heat crockpot on low (6-8 hours). Place crockpot liner in crock pot (We used this for easy cleanup). Place cubed Almond Bark into crock pot. Check every 15 minutes until chocolate softens. Once softened, stir every 5 mins. Make sure to keep an eye on the chocolate, it burns quick! Once heated placed crock pot on "Warm" Setting. Dump all the Rice Krispies into crockpot. With wooden spoon scoop servings out into cookie shaped sizes. Cover with a few M&M's each one and you're done! If you're feeling extra creative feel free to add more stuff into the mix (Peanuts, Sprinkles, Anything!)
I had a lot of fun creating some fun recipes this past month to feature on the blog. I wanted to grab my first bar of Almond Bark and play around a little. I was creating crock pot candy with the first bar and decided to add peanuts. When I realized the peanuts were a bit tough on our teeth, I was looking for something a little more softer. I decided to grab some of our rice krispies cereal and make chocolate bars with that to create a “crisp” candy bar feel. I grabbed a huge bag of Holiday colored M&M’s for our candy making extravaganza so we were set with that for the recipe!
One of the trial & errors we learned about Crock Pot Candy is that USE A LINER. It’s not required, but it’s certainly suggested! It makes cleanup a breeze. You will spend a lot of hot water and soap getting chocolate off your stoneware. I even washed it right away so the chocolate wouldn’t harden and be worse to get off.